Saturday, November 6, 2010

Waves

"Crash!" The waves hit the shore. The waters recede gently, until again- “Crash!” The pulsations massage the shore. Always taking a little sand and stone, always bringing just a little bit back.

Later:

“Crash!” Pause. “Crash!” The tempo has picked up. The shoreline barely has a chance to recover before- “Crash!” Another wave hits.

Waves never leave the shore unchanged, even though the casual passerby may not note the displaced grains of sand.

Such is life.


“Waves of mercy, waves of grace. Everywhere I look- I see Your face! Your love has captured me! Oh, my God, this love! How can it be?”
(Hillsong United)

Praise God that His waves are more powerful, more overtaking than those of stress, of deadlines, and of exams.

Lord, please continue to crash over me with your waves of mercy and grace. I may need an extra measure these next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment