Sunday, February 13, 2011

it’s all in the approach

I walked in guarded
arms crossed

I am busy
I am stressed
I am overwhelmed

but I will sit here
and wait to be filled

but this does not
will not
satisfy

or at least it hasn't

I am still restless


perhaps it's because
I have nothing to bring

I can’t lead children
I don’t have the energy

I can’t join another Bible study
I don’t have the time

I can’t pour myself out
nothing flows but tears


but You didn’t ask me to join a study
or lead the children
or pour myself out to anyone
but You


You did ask that I come
before You
in worship

worship
of You

not of me
or what I have
or haven't got to bring

but because of You
and what You did

figure out
who You are


and so here I am
Ready to see
who You are
and where You’ll move me


"You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our hearts are restless until they rest in you." -St. Augustine of Hippo

No comments:

Post a Comment