Monday, April 2, 2012

Feeble Halleluiah

I’m talking, I’m talking, then I stop to listen
All I hear is an echo- God what am I missing?
I try to be faithful, I try to be pure.
God, where are you now when my faith is unsure?

So I build up an alter- each stone is a memory
Of Your faithfulness, and of Your goodness to me
Tangible stones provided by You
When all I can offer is a feeble “Halleluiah”

I’m tossing, I’m turning.  The doubts close in tight
God, I really can’t handle another sleepless night
The voices of demons seem to drown out Your voice
I don’t want to listen, help me make the choice

To build up an alter- each stone is a promise
Of Your faithfulness and of Your loving kindness
These tangible stones have witness to bear
That You didn’t leave; You are still there

I may wander through deserts more vast than this one
And I pray that each time to the alter I’ll run

Where I’ll kneel by this alter- each stone a reminder
Of Your graciousness, and how You have provided

These tangible stones stand to remind me
That you are still present; You’re always beside me

These tangible stones have witness to bear
That You didn’t leave; You are still there

Tangible stones provided by You
When all I can offer is a feeble “Halleluiah”


No comments:

Post a Comment